EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The risk of contracting COVID-19 has been rising in our region, and for at least two months in Manitoba, and it is not improving. Please refer to the Northwest Angle #33 Emergency Response Levels. Chief and Council are declaring a Level Orange effective immediately. In addition, please note the following:
- The risk to travel outside of Northwestern Ontario is very high. Any travel outside of Northwestern Ontario is subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine, regardless of COVID-19 test results, whether your travel is considered essential, or if you are an essential worker. There are some exceptions for the Angle Inlet community as they have special circumstances due to their geographic location between two provinces and the US border.
- The First Nation remains closed to non-residents with the exception of essential service providers and our borders will return to being regulated.
- All children under the age of 14 years (when not in school) are expected to remain in the community at all times.
- Limit going to public spaces such as grocery stores
- Shopping trips are limited to one person per household
- Households are advised to purchase enough groceries and supplies to last at least two weeks
- Abide by the shelter in place order and avoid unnecessary travel
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Practice physical distancing by staying 2m (6ft) away from others
- Use a face mask if you must leave the house
- Stay home when you feel sick
- Avoid gatherings/crowds of more than 10 people
- Avoid visits to other households as you do not know the medical status of other individuals
- Do not allow visitors into your home as you do not know the medical status of other individuals
Contact the health unit if you are concerned you might have been exposed to the virus and/or have symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing (NWHU Hotline 1-866-468-2240). If you are required to self- isolate, please adhere to the instructions given.
Take care of your physical and mental health by getting adequate rest, eating well, getting information from reliable sources and keeping contact with people virtually if needed – there are counseling services available through Kenora Chiefs Advisory (tel. 807-407-5236).
Miigwetch & Stay Safe,
Chief and Council, Northwest Angle #33