- Employer: Northwest Angle #33 First Nation
- Reports To: Northwest Angle #33 - Dogpaw Band Administrator
- Job Type: Full Time
- CLOSING DATE IS: December 18, 2020 - 12:00pm
The Consultation Coordinator will engage with all levels of government and private sectors in relation to land and resource
- Develop and update the NRF Core work plan and budget.
- Respond to consultation requests.
- Complete final reports.
- Draft a Community Consultation Protocol for lands & resources opportunities.
- Strengthen the First Nation’s capacity to engage the mining sector on mining and biomass opportunity.
- Build working relationships with the federal and provincial governments, the mining sector, the Township of Sioux Narrows and the City of Kenora.
- Meet with Lands and Resources Committee to seek guidance on consultations and opportunities.
- Develop a database of community-based information collected.
- Produce a written history of lands and resources activities.
- Develop policy, procedures, and training materials to support the implementation of the Community Consultation Protocol.
- Host community sessions to discuss updates on lands and resources consultations and opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- College diploma or degree in related field (recommended but not required).
- Previous work-related experience as a consultation coordinator is favourable.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various parties.
- Able to maintain filing systems and databases.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe Language, Tradition and Culture is an asset.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and regular access to vehicle is favourable.
- Willingness to undertake training.
- Clear criminal record check required.
- Based on qualifications.
NOTE: LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED
Ways to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
Apply Online For This Job
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé, and the contact details of your references to the following address:
Northwest Angle #33 First Nation
PO Box 1490
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.733.3148