Northwest Angle #33 First Nation is seeking the services of two (2) part-time Community Consultation Coordinators. One (1) Community Consultation Coordinator will be based in Angle Inlet (33B), and one (1) will be based in Dog Paw (33A). Community Consultation Coordinators will work as independent contractors in a position overseen by Narratives Inc., a group that is supporting the Nation on its claims settlement process.
The Community Coordinator position is a 6-month position ending on July 31, 2022, with the possibility for renewal and promotion. The time commitment for the position ranges from 2 to 3 days per week.
In addition to the responsibilities described below, the Community Consultation Coordinators will receive training on engagement with governments and the private sector in relation to territory and resource matters. The Community Consultation Coordinators will receive an Engagement Training certificate from Narratives Inc. upon completion.
The Community Consultation Coordinators will be responsible for:
- Organizing community meetings, interviews, ceremonies, and other events.
- Arranging catering and booking venues.
- Distributing event posters and other materials in-person / door-to-door, on community bulletin boards, and on social media.
- Communicating with community members, Chief and Council and others to inform them about upcoming activities for initiatives.
- Providing assistance where needed during community events.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various community contacts.
- Answering and directing questions about initiatives to the Project Team.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- Manage and conduct data entry and maintenance tasks on membership database materials. Observe strict confidentiality requirements.
- Developing and implementing a Community Consultation Protocol.
Qualifications and Skills
The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, email, and in-person
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with coordinating and scheduling
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive membership information
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Member of Northwest Angle #33 First Nation
- The Daily Rate for this position is $350 / day
- Average commitment of two (2) to three (3) days per week.
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by February 28th, 2022.
Ways to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
Apply Online For This Job
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé, and the contact details of your references to the following address:
Northwest Angle #33 First Nation
PO Box 1490
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.733.3148